www.stevepfostphotography.com

Sunday, April 25, 2010

March on Washington


, originally uploaded by Steve Pfost.

Since I redesigned my blog I decided to re-post this one.

On March 22, 2010 somewhere between 200,000 and 500,000 people from around the country flocked to Washington D.C.'s National Mall to fight for immigration reform. A student organization from Denver, Colorado raised approximately 14,000 dollars and traveled in a bus over a day in order to stand for something they believe in. The sight of groups of people forming a supportive crowd between the Washington monument and the Capitol brought back memories of our trip to the inauguration. Of course the numbers were drastically different the the aura of inspiration and change was still in the air. I waded the crowds searching for moments surrounding the chaos and in the end, believe I did the event justice.

More images can be found on my flickr by clicking the image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment